 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 25
Re: Using ROBOLAB for FIRST LEGO League
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 05:18:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Peter Vogel writes:
More importantly (to me at least :-) how do we get info about the 2000 FLL
season?  Is there
any information anywhere yet?

-Peter
"Richard Hamilton" <rhamilton@wis.twc.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Ben Erwin writes:
(An earlier version of this email was initially posted on thursday
october 28th to lugnet.robotics)

SLIGHTLY UPDATED FROM LAST WEEK:

If your kids are using ROBOLAB in this years FIRST LEGO League, I've
written a replacement for pages 27-36 in the Official FIRST LEGO League
1999 Rule Book, replacing ROBOLAB for RCX Code for Section III Practice
Exercises...

UPDATED SITE:
http://www.ceeo.tufts.edu/ (click on first link at top of page about
robolab and first lego league)
( and mirrored at
http://www.tufts.edu/~berwin/fll/ )

UPDATED INFO:
I heard that LEGO Mindstorms has said that they will help get the word
out to all of the teams involved. yay!

-Ben Erwin

Our team used Robolab for the 1999 FLL competition and the programming was
very easy for the 11 year olds. We noticed several teams who struggled • with the
limitations of RIS. How can we get the word out that Robolab is a viable
alternative to RIS for this year's FLL competition?

According to First, the 2000 season will have the same schedule as the 1999
season. They will require registration by September 2000, they will start the
challenge starting in October, and will hold tournaments in early December.