 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 474
473  |  475
Subject:
NQC RCXLib bug & wish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:37:53 GMT

Hi! (especially Dave)

While trying to get a working communication channel between the PC and the RCX
with the original firmware, I discovered a bug in RCXLib: in RCX_Link,
BuildTxData, the 3rd bit in the command code is toggled when sending the same
command several times in a row. This is fine, but the problem is that
the kRCX_Message command (0xF7) does not need that! The correction is simple:

if ((byte==fTxLastCommand) && (fTxLastCommand != kRCX_Message)) byte ^=8;

Another note. There is no easy way to get replies from the RCX, in form of
messages. The simplest is to allow reading the whole buffer read from the
serial port - but access to fRxLength is needed! (either public or protected)

btw, R2.1 looks great!

regards,
Vlad