 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 463
Re: datalog viewer in RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:44:22 GMT

In article <Fq8opE.Guq@lugnet.com>, "Rebel Transcanner"
<hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote:

I have had similar oddities using RcxCC for retrieving DataLog values.
For
example when I am pulling something in from Sensor 1, it may tell me
this:

Sensor 1: 35
Sensor 1: 65
Sensor 1: 23
Sensor 0: 24
Sensor 1: 98
Sensor 1: 23
Sensor 0: 23

IE it randomly switches between inputs. I also wish I could get rid of
that
and just pull in the numbers directly (none of this "Sensor 1:" jazz). I
can
do that with NQCE, but of course, I have no way of "capturing" those
values
to a text file or something (right?).

You can probably use NQC to read the values into a text file.  Try:

nqc -datalog >log.txt

The -datalog option will grab the datalog as raw valus, -datalog_full
will add the 'sources' into the listing.

I'm not sure why RcxCC lists the wrong inputs.  I belive NQC formats
this independently from how NQC does it, but if you see the same problem
with NQC please let me know.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com