 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 872
Re: Odd behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:48:27 GMT

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Luis Villa wrote:

I'm afraid that mysterious hangs may be a permanent part of the life of a
legOS user- in almost any serious program that I have written, perfectly
legitimate code- simple code!- has occasionally caused weird hangs and
needed hard reboots. Depite it's UNIX heritage, legOS is probably closer
in stability to windows :)

Or worse, MacOS. I use and love my Macs, but lord they sure don't have
much crash protection right now.

I just wish there was a way to avoid having to reload the firmware every
time it breaks, but I suppose that without an MMU, that's a bit hard to
pull off. I'd rather have weird crashes than NQC.

I guess I'll try putting in some "debug" code and see if that makes it
happy. Thanks for your input.

--
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by
fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare

Mike Ash - <http://www.mikeash.com/>, <mailto:mail@mikeash.com>