 Robotics / 25352
Re: How many people signed up for the NXT Developer's Program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:57:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, steve <sjbaker1@airmail.net> wrote:

I can't see myself using Lego software on this thing.

   I can, for at least two reasons:

(a) It will likely exist at ship-time. I don't know that the same can be said of
a BrickOS port (or a NQC port, which is actually where I'd like to go).

(b) The LEGO software may be able to do a lot of things, and do them well. I'm
certain there will be good reasons to develop 3rd party software (I've got some
myself). But until we dig under the hood and find out what we *can* do with the
software/hardware, it's kinda silly to say "it won't do what I want". Or that
3rd party software can "fix" it (my "dream project" may bump up against
hardware, not software, limits first).

--
Brian Davis