 Robotics / 25318
Re: How many people signed up for the NXT Developer's Program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:06:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

If you were going to be included, what would you do to help the development of the NXT?

(remember, if you had to read thousands of these, you'd want them to be short...)

Steve

The first thing I thougth of when I heard of the NXT's bluetooth capability was
getting it to recieve GPS data from my bluetooth GPS receiver.  Obvious NeXT
step... a GPS guided LEGO rover.

Beyond that a GBC module that can be either autonomous or controlled by a
bluetooth device like this one
http://www.chainpus.com/products/gamepad/bgp100.html
would be another project I would like to tackle.

I have a sneaky suspicion that LEGO themselves might also have some ideas about
what should be / could be built to showcase specific capabilities of the NXT.
I'll try to build whatever they want!

As an assistant coach on our LafLRC FLL team, I'd also like to spread the word
about Mindstorms NXT not only to our team, but other teams as well.  I think the
NXT will make the '06 FLL season a very interesting one.

John