 People / 78
Re: What is Homecoming? (Re: Somebody help.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:37:56 GMT

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 23:03:10 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

Ryan Smith wrote:
I over heard this also: Her date was canceled the DAY before HOMECOMING and
I'm wondering why.        (That's one thing I would NEVER
do.)

Okay, y'all gotta help me on this one.  I came to the States after graduation,
and my high school didn't have this...thing.  "Homecoming" baffles me.

My understanding is that "Homecoming" was supposed to be for alumni to come
back and visit.  If that was the case at one point, it hasn't been true for
a long time.  Especially high school.

Parade, Game, Dance.  Those are the essential elements of Homecoming.

Steve