 People / 45
Re: Somebody help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 04:49:51 GMT

A great example of a villanelle is
<URL:http://www.poets.org/LIT/POEM/Dthoma01.htm>

Note that Mr. Dylan Thomas pretty much disregards my advice about focusing
on concrete images. Oh well.

Listen to the audio if you can -- it works a lot better that way. You can
see -- or hear, rather -- what I mean about the flow and feel of the
language.

Robert Frost may provide a better example of the way concrete, real-world
description can be used to talk about something profound:
<URL:http://redfrog.norconnect.no/~poems/poems/00346.html>. (It helps if you
know that snow is traditionally associated with death.)