 Off-Topic / Debate / 2340
Re: Somebody help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 23:15:22 GMT

John, what's your problem?  I'd agree it's rather unfortunate
that Ryan hasn't responded to the gentle suggestions that .people
would be a better place to discuss this.
But to say
pitiful aspirations for female companionship
is - well - words fail me - do you _really_ mean that?

Wanting companionship of the opposite sex is NOT pitiful. I'm sure most
heterosexual people feel that desire very deeply - and
asking someone out is HARD. Given that in Western society it's
not really the done thing to admit to being single and wanting
not to be, to ask for advice in the way Ryan has is hard as well.

So Ryan> Good luck. Remember that you never get anywhere if you don't
try asking. And remember as well that most people,
even if they say no or don't want to admit it, are pleased to be asked out.
But do please shift your posts to lugnet.people unless you want to
start arguing with us (I haven't done so because I am disagreeing with
John so I think that counts as a debate).

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

Ryan Smith wrote:

a light comedy

A light comedy? You're crazy.

Hey Ryan, you sound like a real prize.  I can tell you have a great future
ahead of you relating to women.  Now why don't you pack up your little
pubescent Q&A and go back to RTL like a good boy, or at the least .people.
Your inane blathering about your pitiful aspirations for female companionship
isn't welcome in *this* NG.

-John

If it was going to be comedy I'd try to see South Park Bigger Longer & Uncut
but it's not out anymore:(