 Off-Topic / Debate / 2325
Re: Somebody help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 18:02:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes:
Ryan Smith <kyblue2@zoomnet.net> wrote:
Poetry doesn't have to rhyme, have perfect meter, or anything else,
it just has to come from your muse, and everyone has one.  :)

--
Here's the only poem I know:
Roses are red and violets are blue and I love you.  I think that's how it • goes

:)

I said non-love poem, remember.  :)

I remember, I HATE writing
I suck at it also.
I remember having to write poems last year in 8th grade.

How close are you to your English teacher?  Not very close since I just
started High School
Do you have a Creative Writing teacher in your school?  I think so

We did, and I took it as an
elective all 4 years in high school.  Find someone like that and
talk to them, not so much about this girl thing, but about writing.

I think you'll find that the creative drive you _must_ have to be
interested in building with Lego bricks may also help drive you to
write.

Sorry to sound so gung-ho about writing.  It's one of the things I
love most to do and don't have much time to do lately.  Add to that
the fact that my wife's family recently discovered that her
grandfather had written poetry for most of his adult life on a
fairly regular basis and never shared it with anyone.  They've found
boxes of poems to different family members and friends while
cleaning out the attic in his house.  Really touching stuff, and
they're thrilled to have found it, but in a way it seems sad that
they never knew about it when he was alive.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/