 People / 60
Re: What is Homecoming? (Re: Somebody help.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 23:22:22 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:
Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
B.  It's to celebrate the home team returning triumphantly.  (So they plan
this dance and cancel it if the home team loses?  Do they plan on winning only
one distant game?)
Hrmmm... not sure about the coming home part but in my experience
the games scheduled for homecoming are normally sure-things.  You'll
never see UTK playing Florida on homecoming.

(!)

Okay, this is going to sound dumb, so I'll let you reply after you've picked
youself up from the ground, still convulsing from crippling bouts of
laughter...

So Homecoming, then, is also a college thing?

So what is Homecoming?  Why is it so important?  Is it in any way related to
how well the home team scores in the "Big Game"?  Does it have anything to do
with shuttling the local team out-of-state, ot with lighting that huge
mysterious letter on the side of the mountain?
Dunno - it's sports-related.  Doesn't have to make sense.

I hear you.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I've spent the past few years building up an immunity to bullets."
- Angus McGuire