 People / 54
Re: Somebody help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:33:50 GMT

Jodi Neal <LunaTarlun@Prodigy.Net> wrote:
OK Ryan, and the rest of you guys,  ;-)

Don't worry Ryan your response to me did not upset me.  But let's see, South
Park was a choice for you to want to see.  I must be missing something in that
movie.  Plus, wasn't it like NC17 or R rated?

Yeah, that's a pretty harsh movie.  I found parts of it hillariously
funny, but I doubt any set of parents would approve of their
daughter being taken to see it.

And now on to the rest of you.  Poetry?  He's 15, no.  Let me think back to
olden days when I was 16 or 17.  Granted that was almost 20 years ago.  But I
think the same thing applies.  If a "kid" (sorry Ryan) gave me a poem and the
only way he had ever had any contact with me was because he knew my mother.
Well, no, not good.  I'm totally sure how to explain how that can be taken SO
wrongly. Now writing a poem, that is ment to make someone laugh like a
limerick, would help to break the ice. And you can just ask here if it sounds
funny to her.   But please, don't go for the "heavy" stuff.  Everything needs
to be light.  And kept that way.

I guess it just depends on the situation, the people, etc.  By the
time I was 15 I was probably filling a notebook with poetry every
week or so.  I'm not sure I ever consciously set out to "hit on" a
girl by giving her a poem to read, but I remember several of the
"relationships" I had in high school starting on the lawn outside of
school with one girl or another reading pages of what I'd been
writing that week.  I had lots of friends who wrote and shared the
same way, so I never suspected it was unusual, even for 15 year
olds.  Maybe it is?

'Course, I never came across anything harder than alcohol until I
was in the Army, and people have proven that to be unusual, even for
a kid graduating from high school in 88.

Ryan many of the guys on here have told you, "make a friend" if it grows from
there then so be it, if not you still got a friend.

Yeah, and from my own personal experience, teenage friendships have
about a billion times more chance of lasting more than 5 years than
teenage romances.

Teen romances end - period.  So few of them last as to almost not
matter.  Why bother?  Especially why try to _make_ it happen?  The
things that last just happen, in my experience.

John does have a point about coming on here and soliciting advice from AFOL for
your love life.   Due to the fact that we are mostly strangers.  I think Ryan
is looking to people who basically have a common bond with him.  And even
though most of the people who read these are older then him, hopefully we can
still remember when we were was that age, ;-)  Personally I would have loved to
have this format when I was his age.

I remember it sucks to be that age.  I wish I could reach back and
tell my stupid young self to not waste time on frivolous things like
puppy love.  Then again, maybe some people need the learning
experience.

However you decide to go about this Ryan, remember you MUST talk to her.  We
can't do that for you, and we can't be there to hear how it all goes.  Only you
can do this.  It's hard, real hard, but no matter the outcome, it is always
worth it.  Even if it is just for the experience.

I adopted a motto long ago.  "The worst thing they can say is no."
No doesn't mean you're worse off than now, it only means you're not
better off.  Not asking means you never get a chance to be better
off, which is worse, imo.

Good Luck  ;-)

Yup.

--