 People / 48
Re: Somebody help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:47:07 GMT

OK Ryan, and the rest of you guys,  ;-)

Don't worry Ryan your response to me did not upset me.  But let's see, South
Park was a choice for you to want to see.  I must be missing something in that
movie.  Plus, wasn't it like NC17 or R rated?

And now on to the rest of you.  Poetry?  He's 15, no.  Let me think back to
olden days when I was 16 or 17.  Granted that was almost 20 years ago.  But I
think the same thing applies.  If a "kid" (sorry Ryan) gave me a poem and the
only way he had ever had any contact with me was because he knew my mother.
Well, no, not good.  I'm totally sure how to explain how that can be taken SO
wrongly. Now writing a poem, that is ment to make someone laugh like a
limerick, would help to break the ice. And you can just ask here if it sounds
funny to her.   But please, don't go for the "heavy" stuff.  Everything needs
to be light.  And kept that way.

Ryan many of the guys on here have told you, "make a friend" if it grows from
there then so be it, if not you still got a friend.

   {From personal experience trying to woo someone, it has always been worth it
   to get to know her personally.  The benefits are simply too great to pass
   up!  If you hit it off well, you get to romance a good friend.  If you end
  up realizing that your feelings for her aren't as deep as you once thought,
  you still have the benefit of knowing one more person, probably even gaining
   a good friend.
   That's how I met my wife, anyway.  And lots of friends for life.  :-,
   Cheers,
   - jsproat}

John does have a point about coming on here and soliciting advice from AFOL for
your love life.   Due to the fact that we are mostly strangers.  I think Ryan
is looking to people who basically have a common bond with him.  And even
though most of the people who read these are older then him, hopefully we can
still remember when we were was that age, ;-)  Personally I would have loved to
have this format when I was his age.

However you decide to go about this Ryan, remember you MUST talk to her.  We
can't do that for you, and we can't be there to hear how it all goes.  Only you
can do this.  It's hard, real hard, but no matter the outcome, it is always
worth it.  Even if it is just for the experience.

Good Luck  ;-)