 Off-Topic / Debate / 7440
Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:06:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
I'm at the near point of avoiding this group altogether.
I personally wish Scott
and Larry would just killfile each other and be done with it.

Web interface doesn't support it so I have to manually ignore... :-)
Dunno what Scott's reasoning is.

While I side mostly with Larry, the way this "discussion" is being
handled is useless and pointless.  Larry will never get Scott to
actually RESEARCH arguments previously beaten to death, and Scott
will never get Larry to spent countless hours tracking down background
for each and every (geometrically growing) snipe.

This is an excellent summation. He won't do research, I won't do it for him,
he won't stop sniping, and I will not answer every snipe. (I mean, really,
what answer am I supposed to give to "I don't think so" and the like as

I'll repeat my offer though. If Scott picks one point or small topic and
restates it clearly (start a new thread, Scott, don't just claim that you
posted one and I didn't see it mixed in with all the snipes) INCLUDING his
assumptions, I'll debate with him. That may well move the conversation in a
direction most of us want it to go. I certainly am bored with it as it is
now constituted.

Starting a new thread and stating assumptions is for Scott to clarify HIS
thinking, not for me to clarify mine. He's said he doesn't have any
principles he adheres to, after all. So we need to see what he IS starting from.

But I won't be too bummed if he doesn't take me up on my offer. I have
better things to do with my free time. You can't teach a pig to sing, after
all, it doesn't work, you get muddy, and it annoys the pig.

++Lar