 Off-Topic / Debate / 7402
Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:14:42 GMT

Sorry Scott but even I started to be interested in..:-) Really, what is
your area of PhD?..:-)

Selçuk

Well, I just ran a scan on all of Lugnet, using PhD as the search term, and
there's no post from Scott saying what his doctorate is in. I also tried
just searching debate and using Doctor, again, nothing relevant, then I
tried Doctor and Arthur, again nothing. Using Doctor with no restrictor
gives too many posts to reasonably search.

OK Larry, I shall give you a silver star for trying. The key word to search
for, I suppose, is "doctorate". It would have revealed:

(BTW - EPSRC funded my doctorate at a cost of, in today’s $, $200,000 over
3 years. This focused on defining how certain gross pollutants moved from
sewers to watercourses during wet weather.) - I have corrected my own poor
grammar. The value is actually UKP not US$.

No big deal.

The subject matter, strictly speaking, is civil engineering - this is the
subject of both my undergraduate degrees (ordinary and honours). Rigth now,
I've just started on a 2 year PG Dip.

Scott A

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity too.  It is so much more pleasant here
when the titans *play nice*.  Gold stars for all!

sheree