 Off-Topic / Debate / 7379
Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:49:54 GMT

Gerry,

Ok, I'm not going to debate that there are several oddities that have sprung up
that seem to help both candidtaes in all kinds of ways.  I also agree that
after the final recount, Bush will be the winner.  But I think it is silly to
say that the candidates shouldn't pursue a full hand count!.  As to subsequent
legal battles, I think that they would only serve to weaken Bush's term as
president.  It is most certianly a political tactic on Gore's part, but as they
say alls fair in love and politics.  But there is nothing wrong (or
unconstitional) with pusuing them!  I personally would love it if this thing
dragged on until Jan.  Less then 20% of the eligeble population voted for
either candidate, so screw 'em both!

Pat

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Gerry Venteicher writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Patrick Justison writes:
Ok, I'd like to express a few things here.
1.  Gerry your original post was in bad taste, have a enough sense to admit • it.
Anyway, thanks for letting me get some of that off my chest.

BTW, I voted for Nader!  I dislike both major candidates as they are both
sell-outs to a pluthera of special interest groups and large coorporations.

Pat Justison
Pat,
The way this whole thing got started was someone took something fun that I
do for my Brickbay store personal.  The original comment about being crazy
was nothing more then a joke.  Lets discuss what makes America a great
country.  Everyone is entitled to have an opinion.  My opinion is that they
can recount as many times as they want and the outcome will remain the same,
Bush will be President.  You intern have an opinion that my post was in bad
taste.  Well God bless ya, you are entitled to think that.
Now lets go over some more interesting facts.
1.  On election night 5 ballot boxxes disappeared from a Rebublican county
for 2 hours before magically reappearing at the counting place.
2.  A woman who is a Democrate brought home a stack off ballots which she
brought back the next day and was caught removing them from her purse.
3.  Several ballots were found in Al Gore's stack that according to the
rules of the recount should have been dismissed.
4. Absentee ballots have been sent to people that are postmarked after the
election date.  Ironically the people who recieved these ballots are • Democrates.
My point is that we are going to hear conspiracy theories from now till
the end off Bush's term( do you like how I snuck that in).  At some point
there has to be a stopping point.  It can not go on forever until the votes
are all of the sudden in Gore's favor.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest,
Gerry