 Off-Topic / Debate / 7391
Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:49:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:
If Bush loses, we're gonna exercise
our right to cede from the Union, and the first order of business will be to
declare war on France...and Rhode Island.

There's a difference? :-) Wait, what did Rhode Island do?

Note that France seems to be rather disliked by a lot of countries, note the
admonition in that UK Revokation that we were to nuke France at the
slightest provocation...

Just because that dirge was written in the UK, it does not follow that it is
the UK view... and I assume you are not shallow enough to think otherwise.
There is a recent history of England and France exhibiting a little friendly
animosity. However, I can’t speak for the other Celtic nations, but I do
know that there is a real friendly bond between Scotland and France. History
forced us together to combat a mutual enemy. Indeed, some past Scottish
kings could not communicate in there own tongue as the spent so much of
there life in France. To see the extent of the Scottish/French friendship
one only has to look back to the welcome Parisians gave the “tartan army”
during Word Cup ’98 or attend a 6 nations match between the two teams.

Scott A

Why is that? :-)

++Lar