 Off-Topic / Debate / 5161
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:41:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Larry,

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

NO WAY! You can only be a racist if you're a male WASP. Everyone else is • part
of the oppressed, and therefore, by definition, can't be a racist. Right?

According to liberal thinking, yes!

I can't recall a single liberal in my acquaintance that thinks this way.  Yes,
you will run into this line of reasoning in some black studies courses, but I
don't think you will find too many people who buy into it.

Outside of academia. See, most of the people you and I know are fairly
reasonable, fairly rational (not perfect, mind you)... we both
presumably know mostly normal mainstream people. But in the bastions of
orthodoxy where this stuff emanates, that kind of thinking appears to be
Revealed Truth. Or so it seems to me.

Bruce

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar