 Off-Topic / Debate / 5101
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:56:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:
Scott said:
Bzzt. I guess according to the rules of debate, mentioning Nazi's or
Hitler automatically makes you a loser in this debate.

Scott S.

Oh of course, one word negates everything that follows, how logical,
how inane.

It's not a real rule. Just a running joke. See:

http://www.science.uva.nl/~mes/jargon/g/godwinslaw.html
( a "low bandwidth suitable" version of the jargon file)

or
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/Godwin's-Law.html
(the original... same content, different presentation)

If you want to call Guliani a Nazi that's fine by me. But I think NY would be
better served by him as senator, huge flaws and all, than by That Girl.

No, Guillani serves only himself and his ego, not his voting constituent.

Not that he's that great of a choice. But NY politics is screwed up across the
board  and can't seem to nominate anyone any good. Even the LP got hijacked • one
year into nominating Howard Stern, of all the bozos.

And you didn't burn your LP card!!!  :')

++Lar