 Off-Topic / Debate / 5093
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:10:18 GMT

Ed "Boxer" Jones <edboxer@aol.com> wrote in message
news:Fru7GM.1s7@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Markus Wolf wrote:

    I have a question regarding the use of "wench" in conversation.  I • always
have considered it a derrogatory term for females but see it used • frequently
in Lugnet postings, especially Pirate Wench and Forest Wench.
    I know I've heard the term used in Warcraft and old movies but I'd • hate
use the term in normal conversation if it isn't appropriate.  Any • comments?

[snip]

Good question, most realize that is the unofficial name for those
minfigs, even though you wouldn't use that in regular everyday talking.
(Except me, when I think of leftist type women, one being Hillary
Clinton: Marxist Wench ->FU to  Off.topic.debate)

Scott S.

Re: Wench - the term was used to describe a serving woman in the middle • ages.
Not politically incorrect at that time.  Now, it is a derogatory comment. • In
fact, it is a very useful derogatory comment.  Vanna White is a Wench - she
serves no purpose but to spin boxes.

Re: Hillary Clinton.  I fail to see how you could apply "Marxist" or • "wench" to
Hilary.  Marxist in what sense?  Do you mean that as a democrat she is
automatically a Marxist?  And a wench?  why?

Now I can fully see calling Rudy Guiliani a Nazi.  His terms of office as • mayor
of NY is full of examples:  the level of police brutality in his terms of
office has skyrocketed; the verdict comes down claiming police officers who
shot an innocent man 41 times were not guility, and then the police shoot
another innocent man last week.  Then Rudy has legally "sealed" files on • last
week's victim made public to justify the PD action?

Would you care to back up your "skyrocketed" claim with data?  Check out
today's Wall Street Journal for some police statistics for New York City
since mayor Guiliani took office:

11 fatal police shootings in 1999 -- the lowest number since records have
been kept, and lower per capita than 5 other major cities,
Intentional discharges of an officers weapon down 66% compared to Mayor
Dinkin's last year in office, and this along with a 54% reduction in major
crimes during the same period.

Regarding the not-guilty verdict in the police shooting incident, it was
delivered by a mixed-race jury, which was obviously convinced that the
officers were justified in their actions.  Too bad Ms. Rodham-Clinton had
declared the officers murderers the day before the verdict.

This is not meant to excuse actual police brutality in any way, but the facts
just to match the Rodham-Clinton/Sharpton rhetoric.

-John Van