 General / 16651
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:38:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ed Jones writes:

Now I can fully see calling Rudy Guiliani a Nazi.  His terms of office as mayor
of NY is full of examples:  the level of police brutality in his terms of
office has skyrocketed; the verdict comes down claiming police officers who
shot an innocent man 41 times were not guility, and then the police shoot
another innocent man last week.  Then Rudy has legally "sealed" files on last
week's victim made public to justify the PD action?

I'd say that calling anyone a nazi is pretty strong language that should be used
with care and restraint.  By calling someone a nazi, you are accusing them of
possessing the same moral character as a group that practiced the worst
systematic evil in human history.  Even if Guliani were found to be guilty of
the things that you mention, I wouldn't call him a nazi.  I'm sure that we could
find something appropriate to describe his actions, but to be a part of the most
wretched character class that has ever disgraced mankind is a charge that I
wouldn't be hasty leveling against him.