 General / 16642
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:00:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Markus Wolf wrote:

    I have a question regarding the use of "wench" in conversation.  I • always
have considered it a derrogatory term for females but see it used frequently
in Lugnet postings, especially Pirate Wench and Forest Wench.
    I know I've heard the term used in Warcraft and old movies but I'd hate • to
use the term in normal conversation if it isn't appropriate.  Any comments?

[snip]

Good question, most realize that is the unofficial name for those
minfigs, even though you wouldn't use that in regular everyday talking.
(Except me, when I think of leftist type women, one being Hillary
Clinton: Marxist Wench ->FU to  Off.topic.debate)

Scott S.

Re: Wench - the term was used to describe a serving woman in the middle ages.
Not politically incorrect at that time.  Now, it is a derogatory comment.  In
fact, it is a very useful derogatory comment.  Vanna White is a Wench - she
serves no purpose but to spin boxes.

Re: Hillary Clinton.  I fail to see how you could apply "Marxist" or "wench" to
Hilary.  Marxist in what sense?  Do you mean that as a democrat she is
automatically a Marxist?  And a wench?  why?

Now I can fully see calling Rudy Guiliani a Nazi.  His terms of office as mayor
of NY is full of examples:  the level of police brutality in his terms of
office has skyrocketed; the verdict comes down claiming police officers who
shot an innocent man 41 times were not guility, and then the police shoot
another innocent man last week.  Then Rudy has legally "sealed" files on last
week's victim made public to justify the PD action?