 General / 16630
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:57:03 GMT

Markus Wolf wrote:

    I have a question regarding the use of "wench" in conversation.  I always
have considered it a derrogatory term for females but see it used frequently
in Lugnet postings, especially Pirate Wench and Forest Wench.
    I know I've heard the term used in Warcraft and old movies but I'd hate to
use the term in normal conversation if it isn't appropriate.  Any comments?

Well, I had an auction for my roommate regarding a pirate "wench", but I
did not use that word there, here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=266168666

(I think I deleted the pictures recently off my website, but the rest of
it is still there!)

Good question, most realize that is the unofficial name for those
minfigs, even though you wouldn't use that in regular everyday talking.
(Except me, when I think of leftist type women, one being Hillary
Clinton: Marxist Wench ->FU to  Off.topic.debate)

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html