 Off-Topic / Debate / 5129
Re: What is Scott saying now? Was: (Re: Wench as a word)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:15:33 GMT

Ed,

Well, I did happen to read the articles, BTW.

Ed Jones wrote:

Boy, was Rudy the one who fired the gun? Because you are linking him
directly with police officers, so the police officers are not
responsible?  I guess you liked New York a lot better when it was a
scumpit, filled with crime and sleaze. I am not advocating anything in
terms of shooting unarmed people, if there is a injustice, that should
be tried and charged. This demonization of Rudy because of a few
incidents is faulty logic at best and name calling at worst, Ed. Why
don't you move to Downtown Detroit and live around Woodward Avenue if
you love to live in crime so much.

From the comments above, you clearly could not have bothered reading the news
articles involving the incident and Rudy's defamation of the victim.

Faulty logic on my part?  Your first statement is a prime example "Boy, was
Rudy the one who fired the gun? Because you are linking him directly with
police officers, so the police officers are not responsible?"

Rather than deal with the facts presented, you make misstatements.  Rather than
debate the articles, you choose to ignore them and again accuse me of faulty
logic and name calling.  The faulty logic here seems to be yours:  simply shoot
down another person's thoughts/ideas/opinions irregardless of the legal facts
presented, the news articles presented, etc. because it doesn't agree with
yours.

I did read them, thank you, and I still say, if Rudy did something
wrong, have it investigated. Which I have said before about Trafficant,
etc.

Did I say the police officers were not responsible?  No, that's just your way
of changing the subject.

Well, your statements like "Rudy's reign of terror" imply him, not the
officiers that are doing the misdeeds. He need sto make sure the
officiers are doing their jobs properly, and if they are not, the police
need to discipline them, using whatever they do, I do not know for sure
of the specifics of the NYPD.

The "demonization of Rudy because of a few incidents" statement displays an
ignorance of the incident and the articles and clearly shows that you have not
read the articles previously linked.

Read them, thank you. Yet again. There are also personal opinions of the
incidents, not facts, so the articles themselves have a viewpoint.

And, as a matter of fact, I liked NYC alot better prior to Rudy's reign of
terror.

Again, he is personally responsible for killing people, right?

But, where did you form the opinion that prior to RUDY, NYC was a
"scumpit, filled with crime and sleaze"?  On what criteria are you basing that
asumption?  Months ago I had a similar debate with LP who, once presented with
the statistics of crime in big cities (NYC is one of the safest), withdrew his
somewhat similar opinion.

Really? I would like to see that!

Have you ever even been to NYC?  Or do you base your opinion on heresay?

I have read several people who live there, in NY, over the years, that
disagreed with you (Which means that they are wrong, right?)

Or is it simply your way of avoiding having to justify your opinions?

I don't justify my opinions, I get them from various sources. I don't
seem to have the same sources as you, so I guess I have a different
opinion, Ed.

This is so pointless, it is sickening. If he is so bad, he should have
gotten thrown out, Ed. Otherwise, there are numerous factors, besides
these incidents, that somehow justify Rudy being there. I personally
think he is too liberal for my tastes, based on what he has said, BTW.

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html