 Off-Topic / Debate / 5098
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:18:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Larry,

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

It's not a real rule. Just a running joke.

Really? I remember I got flagged by it once, by you Larry, so is it real
here as well?

It's not real here either. It's not real anywhere. However some newsgroup
denizens do tend to view using hitler in an argument as a sign of weak
rhetoric. That's been extended, in characteristic internet style, to be the
joke of as soon as you mention it, you lose.

The LP party was the one who nominated Stern? Wow. That is interesting.

Due to a flaw in the state party bylaws. Anyone who showed up at the convention
had a vote. Stern got a bunch of listeners to go up to Albany, show up at the
con, and nominate him, over the desires of the stalwarts who had a candidate in
mind that actually understood the party and would be willing to campaign.

I remember he was running for something, but I don't remember what it
was for.

NY Gov.

He withdrew after deciding he didn't want to disclose his financials, which you
have to do to run in NY, and which he knew going in. Bad law, but if you want
to change it you have to get elected first... that's how the system works.

That withdrawal cost NY LP ballot status in the next election, due to arcane NY
ballot status rules. The candidate the party had lined up would probably have
gotten the percentage needed to avoid having to re-petition.

The LP spends into the millions each and every election cycle just on getting
onto ballots. What a waste of money. D&R spend maybe 100,000 between them
across the entire nation.

Just shows we have a two party system rigged against anyone else ever getting a
toe hold.

++Lar