 Off-Topic / Debate / 5097
Re: Wench as a word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:59:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

Proof would be
nice in this instance, not some rant by you. Give me some url's, etc.

http://www.friedly.com/jock/traficant011498.html

From this article (which generally paints a picture of a scoundrel, I'd have to
agree, although who can say for sure what the facts are...)

"Although Traficant was acquitted in criminal court, he was less successful in
civil court. His latest financial disclosure form indicates that he still owes
more than $100,000 to the Internal Revenue Service after the U.S. Tax Court
ruled that he owed back taxes for taking bribes."

I would not count this as "not paying taxes".

If I am appealing a conviction against something, or even if I won an aquittal,
being in dispute with the IRS about whether I owe taxes for that thing is not
the same as "not paying taxes"

But I agree, the man doesn't seem to choose good shirts. Like that really
matters, though.