 Off-Topic / Debate / 5162
Re: Ad hominem attacks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:46:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Liberal, conservative, democrat, republican: They are all politicians.  Can't
trust one of 'em!  :-)

Disagree. Again I'd point to the LP track record (if I just could dig it
up in 90 secs, it's out there somewhere) in the limited situations where
we have had elected officials, we've hewn to our word and done what we
could do to dismantle the biggest foolishnesses. cf. Alaska and NH. Not
perfect, mind you, there is no Utopia... but we're the guys trying to
change the system to the point where corruption is structurally much
more difficult to even achieve. Everyone else is just tinkering with the
rules.

However I agree that the D and R parties tend to foster cronyism at the
least and outright venality at the worst.

I'd credit Kennnedy for the cold war victory, by the way, not Ronny.

Tell ya what. Let's credit both of them. In a compromise viewpoint,
Kennedy laid the foundation and Reagan finished the job. How's that?

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!