 Off-Topic / Debate / 5163
Re: Gay Marriages/Domestic Partnerships and the IRS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:58:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, Ed posted a good question and we've heard from a pretty wide
spectrum of viewpoints. Self selected, more geeky than the population as
a whole (as well as nicer, cooler, and generally better looking, but I
digress)

I'd sum up everyone by saying that there's a consensus that the
government has no business saying who can enter into civil marriages. Or
in other words, don't regulate the behaviour of consenting adults in
this area.

And that's what gives us in the LP hope. Our basic message socially is
let people do as they wish, don't legislate non rights denying morality,
and don't incent certain otherwise legal behaviours at the expense of
others and at the expense of free choice. And we believe that's a widely
accepted message, at least among the self selected group of people who
are most likely to make a difference economically in the future... that
is, us. (computer literate, kinda geeky, kinda with-it)

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!