 Off-Topic / Debate / 5140
Re: Gay Marriages/Domestic Partnerships and the IRS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:25:35 GMT

Ed and all,

Ed \"Boxer\" Jones wrote:

I'd like to hear your opinions on gay marriage/Domestic Partnerships.

I don't really have much of an opinion per say on this. Do what you want
in the bedroom, I don't go in yours, don't go in mine.

In America, where we have freedom of religion, should the church have any say
in what constitutes a marriage?

Should the governmnet have any say in it? I think the federal tax code
is a total sham, and it hurts working people, you included.

Should those in gay marriages/domestic partnerships be allowed the same rights
as married couples to claim their partner as a dependent for tax filing
purposes?

I think the current tax code is a total joke, I think it should be
scrapped, period. I favor either a flat tax, with a 36,000 deductible,
or a consumption tax. Eliminates questions like this in a hurry, and is
fair for more people. I get socked at the end of the year when I work
two jobs because all the income gets added together (I.E. I get taxed at
my real jobs tax bracket for my part time job income.) But when you have
a power mad and money mad Washington DC eating more and more income and
money, and can't even give anyone any kind of tax cut, there is a
serious problem, one I hope will be addressed soon.

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html