 Off-Topic / Debate / 26969
Re: A few things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 14:34:20 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

<snipping>

   Correct. Because then we would have been satisfied that he didn’t have WMDs at his disposal to possibly provide to terrorists.

What WMD’s????

The ones the UN believed that he hadn’t destroyed.

...based on a case made by the USA.

Yes. Point?

<snip>

No John. It is a question directed at you. I shall try again:

Can you list any terror acts against the USA which SH sponsored?

Who knows?

OK; so you can’t list any then.

   I know he aided and abetted terrorists. Whether they were the actually ones involved in terrorism against the US is anyone’s guess.

So you’re guessing now?

   The point is that he was a friend of terrorism and an enemy to freedom

No doubt the Uzbeks say the same about the USA.

   as well > as our allies-- we took him out.

So basically, you spent billions and killed tens of thousands to help Israel hold on to illegally obtained land?

   He used WMDs against his own people.

Yep, and he got them from Washington.

I don’t care if he got them from Uranus, it doesn’t justify using them.

What is the difference between gassing Kurds and napalming civilians? Why not start with your own backyard?

Squirm. Stay on topic or lose me forever.

**sigh**

Your lack of an answer says a lot about you.

   That means that he had no compunction with associating with such swine (I chose “swine” because it is particularily offensive to Muslims) or murdering innocents on a massive scale.

What about Washington’s support for “such swine” and its “murdering innocents on a massive scale”?

See WWII Stalin ally argument.

Lol. The Nazi war machine rolled up a whole continent like a fireside rug. There is no comparison.

Sorry. The comparison is spot on. We formed a sort of unholy alliance with SH when the greater enema was the Ayatolla of Iran.

Please don’t forget that the Reagan administration was also selling arms to Iran.

   Same with Stalin against the Nazis. Get it?

OK. Show us how the “Ayatolla of Iran” is in the same league as Nazi Germany.

   That made him public enema number one.

No. Spin did that. It fooled people like you.

And, apparently, Clinton as well...

...you sound like you respect his judgment?

No, thought you did, which is why I mentioned him.

<snip>

   The threat of continued mass extermination of innocent Iraqis at the hands of SH is gone.

Now the mass graves in Iraq are Bush’s making... and that of his rabid supporters.

Add up body counts if you want to play the numbers game. US colateral civilian damage vs SH slaughter total.

OK. Show me that SH’s ‘kill rate’ in the year before the war was greater than the time since.

Boring. I’m too busy to prove the obvious to you.

**sigh**

   The word is out to terrorists and those who would sponsor terrorism-- the days of impotent UN sanctions and resolutions are gone-- we mean business, and we aren’t afraid to act; offensively if necessary.

But you are afraid to think. You should think about why the threat exists.

You have no idea why the threat exists. You think it is our fault. It is, if you mean that we don’t happen to believe in radical Islam. Even garden-variety Muslims aren’t safe from this threat! Don’t you get that????

You really are a scared little man. Bottom line: Washington would have fewer enemies if it supported freedom and killed less innocent people. If the USA had not funded Israeli belligerence and propped up the Saudi regime for so long, 911 would not have happened.

<snip> OT comment.

And if we hadn’t taken the fight to the terrorists, do you honestly believe that the US would have gone almost 4 years without a follow-up attack from OBL? If so, you are deluding yourself.

Everything I’ve read about the 911 attackers leads me to feel they may have been a bunch of incompetent twits that outwitted another bunch of incompetent twits in the USA and Germany.

I rest my case that what you read is crap.

Thanks for that great counter argument.

I have grown tired of your selective snippage and mock vitriol. Please go away and take you arrogant brand of hypocrisy with you.

Best wishes

Scott A

JOHN