 Off-Topic / Debate / 26953
Re: A few things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 19:41:15 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

Americans are dying for Iraqi freedom

WHAT????? You seem to have conveniently forgotten the war in Iraq was primarily to remove the “threat” of nuclear weapons

What you seem to have never internalized is that we went into Iraq for one reason, and one reason only-- to depose SH’s evil regime.

Rubbish! If it was agreed he had complied with 1441, he would have been able to stay in power.

Correct. Because then we would have been satisfied that he didn’t have WMDs at his disposal to possibly provide to terrorists.

What WMD’s????

But John, what about those poor Iraqis and their thirst for “Freedom”?

<snip off-topic material>

   We issued an ultimatum for him leave or we would make him.

That was a couple of days before the war. It is clear that even if he (and his sons) did leave, Bush would still have invaded.

No, Scott, it is not “clear” by any stretch of the imagination. That is your (ignorant, I might add) opinion.

You need to read Plan of Attack.

   He didn’t, and we did.

He was the threat, he was the link and sponsor of terrorism.

Can you evidence what terror acts against the USA he sponsored?

I can say that he sponsored terrorism against Israel.

Even if true, he still posed no threat to the USA(?)

   He used WMDs against his own people.

Yep, and he got them from Washington.

   That means that he had no compunction with associating with such swine (I chose “swine” because it is particularily offensive to Muslims) or murdering innocents on a massive scale.

What about Washington’s support for “such swine” and its “murdering innocents on a massive scale”?

   That made him public enema number one.

No. Spin did that. It fooled people like you.

   The removal of SH killed two birds with one stone-- increased world safety and liberating a people from tyranny.

Can you evidence how the Iraq war has brought about “increased world safety”?

The threat of WMD falling into the hands of terrorists via SH is gone.

Should that read “The invented threat of WMD falling... “?

   The threat of continued mass extermination of innocent Iraqis at the hands of SH is gone.

Now the mass graves in Iraq are Bush’s making... and that of his rabid supporters.

   The word is out to terrorists and those who would sponsor terrorism-- the days of impotent UN sanctions and resolutions are gone-- we mean business, and we aren’t afraid to act; offensively if necessary.

Tell that to 500+ Uzbeks killed a few days ago by a security force funded by Washington.

And if we hadn’t taken the fight to the terrorists, do you honestly believe that the US would have gone almost 4 years without a follow-up attack from OBL? If so, you are deluding yourself.

Perhaps if Washington had defended freedom more before 2001, 911 would never have happened. Think about that… if you dare.

Scott A

JOHN