 Off-Topic / Debate / 19361
Re: level of debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:38:13 GMT

The text below was via an e-mail from a friend, it made me wonder just what
the level of debate in the USA is. I ckecked out a couple and they appeared
valid.

To Scott: That's *nuthin'!*  You should see what the *other* side is doing!
The Anti-war crowd for the most part are radical fruitcakes.  I mean, feminists
protesting *naked*???? <shudder> Wearing *pink* to protest?  It's all
entertainment to the Left.

Well, be fair.  Almost all are unattributed or from comedians.

Exactly.

And
Limbaugh is hardly an icon of thoughtful debate.

Easy there.  It's so easy to slip into ad hominem attacks against Limbaugh
because of his "schtick"-- his politics are pretty sound. (His zinger is the
best one quoted, BTW:-)

That leaves Roy Blount and
Rumsfeld.  Nuff said...

And I'll say another thing-- Rummy is *exactly* the kind of "no BS" guy I want
as my Def Sec!

JOHN

-- Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense
-- Rush Limbaugh
-- Argus Hamilton
-- Rep. Roy Blunt (MO)
-- Dennis Miller