 Off-Topic / Debate / 19355
Re: level of debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:29:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Soren Roberts writes:
Sounds like they need to learn their history. IIRC, the French Army won the
Battle of Verdun, under the heaviest shelling and most hideous battlefield
conditions in history. Call that what you will, but cowardly it is not.

The Germans won in 1940 because the French generals could not cope with the new
tactics of the German army quickly enough, not because their troops were weak or
their weaponry in any way deficient. And don't get me started on the resistance.

And finally, didn't the French aid the fledgling USA during the American
Revolution?

I'm going to stop now. The whole argument is absurd. If this is what our
"freedom" looks like, then God Save The King.

Take care,

Soren

And that in 1940 the xenophobic US weren't in the war at all whilst the
Allies were fighting and dieing for freedom against tyranny, the US didn't
get into it until the end of '41, but they'll take all the credit for
winning the war...

History revisionism at its best, I say.

Loved my french toast this morning...

Dave K