 Off-Topic / Debate / 26914
Re: A few things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 16:09:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

<snip>

Oh, and I'd also put B.Liar and the man-monkey on trial for breaking
international law.

What would you do? Carry on regardless I expect?! Afterall, if it's not
broke, why fix it!

Scott A

[JOHN]

And then we have my personal favourite rendition of 'reinventive history'--

"
MR. McCLELLAN: That's all I have to update at this moment. And with that, I'll
be glad to go to your questions.

Q The other day -- in fact, this week, you said that we, the United States, is
in Afghanistan and Iraq by invitation. Would you like to correct that incredible
distortion of American history --

MR. McCLELLAN: No, we are -- that's where we currently --

Q -- in view of your credibility is already mired? How can you say that?

MR. McCLELLAN: Helen, I think everyone in this room knows that you're taking
that comment out of context. There are two democratically-elected governments in
Iraq and --

Q We're we invited into Iraq?

MR. McCLELLAN: There are two democratically-elected governments now in Iraq and
Afghanistan, and we are there at their invitation. They are sovereign
governments, and we are there today --

Q You mean if they had asked us out, that we would have left?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, Helen, I'm talking about today. We are there at their
invitation. They are sovereign governments --

Q I'm talking about today, too.

MR. McCLELLAN: -- and we are doing all we can to train and equip their security
forces so that they can provide for their own security as they move forward on a
free and democratic future.

Q Did we invade those countries?

MR. McCLELLAN: Go ahead, Steve.

"
right from the Whitehouse web site
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/05/20050525-3.html#c

So much there--"Invited"--well, I guess it depends on your definition--if I kick
in your door and kill your family, I'll say I was invited.

The way the talking head avoided answering was very apparent as well.

This is what I like about this guy--this Bush talking head--

The Pope (JPII) passed on and this guy was going on and on about how JPII and
Dubya's ideals were in line with each other--going on ad nauseum for a few
minutes, until someone pointed out that JPII was against hte war in Iraq and Mr.
Yippy says that now is not the time to talk about the differences of opinion.

Well, Mr Talking Head, you were just gushing about how JP and GW were the
same--when exactly is the time to point out that you're full of it?

Anyway, that's about it from these cheap seats.

Dave K