 Off-Topic / Debate / 26918
Re: A few things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 17:20:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   Does anyone still support this daft war?

What do you propose?

Certainly not marriage!

You have something against marriage?

To you? Yes!

Now it is I who must ask you what on earth are you talking about!

   What on earth are you talking about John?

Well, you obviously don’t support the war, so what would you advocate instead? That we all go home tomorrow?

I would not have rushed there to start with.

So, you’d advocate somehow going back in time and not rushing in.

   Or do you prefer just to sit around and complain about things? (which is your perogative, but not very interesting)

Well, given the mess people like YOU got us in,

The “mess” meaning liberating the Iraqis from the yoke of dictatorship? The “mess” in helping the Iraqis defeat foreign terrorists who would destroy their young democracy? You know, BTW, life is messy...

   I suppose I’d start by trying to hand over power to Iraqis.

Fine. That happens to be the plan.

   I would NOT rig their constitution

Who would?

   or setup permanent bases in their country.

What’s wrong with that? Worked in Germany. Worked in Japan. Worked in South Korea.

   I would NOT limit the training of the Iraqi armed forces to light weapons.

Thought you didn’t like “rushing in”. In time.

   I WOULD show that Iraqi lives ARE worth something by risking lives to protect them(they are human beings after all!).

Possibly the most daft thing you’ve ever said. The ignorance of it is simply staggering.

   I’d STOP human rights abuses.

No undies on heads of prisoners. Got it.

   I would NOT rely on support from (or give support to) barbaric regimes.

Not germane.

   Oh, and I’d also put B.Liar and the man-monkey on trial for breaking international law.

Your characterizations say more about you than them.

   What would you do? Carry on regardless I expect?! Afterall, if it’s not broke, why fix it!

Things are getting better every day in Iraq. The Iraqis will prevail.

JOHN