 Off-Topic / Debate / 19338
Re: level of debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:39:16 GMT

<snip>

I heard lots of those, I do watch Letterman (yes, my CBS strike is over--I
missed Letterman too much ;) )...

I'm not defending Chirac... I'm defending people's rights to have an opinion
which they believe is true.  And let's talk about the French
undergroud--"Vive la Resistance!"

Sure my dad loves to point out that it took the Germans 3 days to conquer a
little country called Holland (which had very little military to speak of)
and it took the same amount of time to take over France...  So?  Does this
mean that France can't take care of its own 'sovereign' stuff, just like the
US is saying it's doing?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander folks--you can't have it
both ways--"We will do as we please to protect our national interests, but
you over there, you can't do or say as you please for it goes against our
national interests"

The hypocricy is so thick.

The rhetoric is so thick

And what scares me the most is that y'all are starting to believe it--again,
over 50 percent of y'all believe that Iraq was directly involved in planning
and executing 9-11.

Lies.  So many lies.  Speak a lie enuf times does not make it the truth, but
say it enuf and people'll believe it.

That's the other point about he media--CP goes on all these progams, and it
seems  as if it's completely scripted--the same questions and the same
answers over and over and over again, with no dissenting or troubling questions.

If I were to compare it to something, it would be like those actors who are
out 'plugging their latest movie'--when I was so smitten by Hollywood, I'd
try to glean as much info as I possibly could--"Oh Willis is on COnan--I'll
stay up and watch it"  And then you catch Bruce on Leno, Dave, Conan,
Craiggers, StarTV, ET, and all the rest, plugging his flick, and he says the
same thing over and over and over again, and the people ask him the same
questions--"What's the director like... what's it like working with
who-n-who..."

Repetitive clap-trap.  But Willis is plugging a movie to go get people to
see it--he's suppose to talk it up, and there's no harm there one way or the
other.  Is CP suppose to 'talk up' his war?  Or should he, as a reponsible
person, be looking at ways for peace, talking about finding a peaeful
solution--looking for ways to avert a crisis, so that people don't have to
die--but wait, talk of peace cannot happen because the 'sovereign gov't of
these United States', the most powerful nation on the planet, "feels
threatened" by an itty bitty country halfway around the world.  There is no
other way of interpreting the facts before us--The US wants the war.  And
lets make fun of/belittle/call un-American, anyone who doesn't want the war.

Eh, whatreya gonna do?

Loving my french fries for lunch

Dave K