 Off-Topic / Debate / 26921
Re: A few things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 18:14:23 GMT

Let’s face it-- SH was an idiot. The guy read the tea leaves all wrong. This is a guy who presumably had no WMDs, but led the world to believe that he actually did. A fabrication to which he clung that led to his fall from power. I’m sure that he didn’t think that the US would have the temerity to attack despite the misgivings of the UN, which he was well adept at manipulating.

I’m glad to see that revisionist history isn’t limited to the US administration. Looks as if John has the bug as well.

Actually, I don’t adhere to that scenerio. I believe he actually was hiding WMDs and their whereabouts is still unknown. But since we haven’t found any, I am willing to concede the above scenerio, which would make SH out to be an idiot.

It isn’t “revisionist history” to acknowledge that SH played the UN like a fiddle (see: “UN oil for food” scandal)

JOHN