 Off-Topic / Debate / 20728
Re: good news for a change? (poll: would you go into space?_
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:14:36 GMT

Hmmmm, sound of gears clanking....time for a poll!

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=156

And thar ya go!  If you had a chance to go into space, given the dangers or
expense, would you do it?  The poll does not differentiate on how you get
there, it can be the Rutan thing (quick skim into space), the shuttle,
Russian spam-in-a-can Tours, whatever.  The answers are meant to give
varying levels of enthusiam - for the anal-retentive types who have to have
every possible variation of an answer, please do not take them that literally,

I ask because my father-n-law was asked to part of the original shuttle
astronauts.  He looked at the design and decided it was a big flying roman
candle that he didn't want to take a chance on - going into space remains a
dicey affair.

-->Bruce<--