 Off-Topic / Debate / 24429
Re: Some good news for a change, maybe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:23:45 GMT

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message

Tomorrow's the scheduled launch day for the first suborbital flight

Whoo-hoo!  I just watched spaceshipone land and the first civilian • astronaut in
the history of mankind walk into the history books.  What an exciting day!

Hmm, I might dispute the first civilian astronaut bit. Dennis Tito would
qualify for that in my book. Well, actually, before that Christa McAuliffe
would qualify even though she never actually made it into space.

Doesn't lessen the accomplishment though.

Three cheers!

Frank