 Off-Topic / Debate / 20727
Re: Some good news for a change, maybe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:57:38 GMT

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=749&e=1&u=/nm/20030426/bs_nm/space_speculation_dc

Let us keep our fingers crossed that something comes of one or two of these
pipe dream hobby projects...

(note that the header of .space has a link to Scaled Composites website with
their press release. As I said in .space, if anyone can win the X prize,
Bert Rutan can)

I just had a friend over yesterday that is involved in the project - he
brought a copy of Aviation Week with him that gave some details on the
project, but I didn't have a chance to look at it.  I didn't even catch the
issue number or have a chance to discuss how they were going about it
(beyond that it was not designed to actually put anything in orbit, just
meet the 60 mile requirement).  Very cool, and he says he may have a shot at
getting a seat on the thing and going into space at some point.  Hmmmm,
sound of gears clanking....time for a poll!

-->Bruce<--