 Off-Topic / Debate / 24470
Re: Some good news for a change, maybe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:31:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:
It's valid to ask whether this is scalable technology or not but if one isn't
impressed by this, one is part of the problem, in my view.

That's absolute nonsense

You're entitled to your viewpoint, even if expressed not very politely, but I
have a different view.

As for your second para, do some research into how NASA, the FAA, and the OCST
have held things back. It's not lack of desire or lack of vision in the
commercial sector that's the problem, it's overregulation and oversubsidization.
NASA has taken deliberate steps to make it as hard as possible for commercial
space, and further, has done things, like destroy tooling, mandate the Shuttle
for all cargo, and etc etc etc, over and over and over to frustrate commercial
space endeavours. They were doing it before you were born and I expect they'll
be doing it after you pass on, if they're allowed to.

That said, they're STILL my favorite government agency. But that doesn't mean
that patriotism blinds me to their manifold faults, as apparently it does for
you.