 Off-Topic / Debate / 20729
Re: Thank the NRA for Prez Dubya..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:27:15 GMT

Says bro...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/04/27/bush.nra.reut/index.html

Have fun in '04--Uzis on the street.  Yipee!!  That should make all you gun
collectors pretty happy.

Dave K

Im no gun collector or anything..not even an enthusiast.
But passing legislation against guns simply cuz they *can* be used to kill
people, thats kinda dumb.  We could have laws that outlaw guns completely,
but then we would have to outlaw knives(stab), and rope(hang), and blunt
instruments(hit), and heavy things(drop), and water(drowning), etc.
I do realize, however, that we need some sort of laws to keep guns out of
the hands of minors or irresponsible people, and Dubya should consider that
instead of doing whatever it takes to get re-elected.