 Off-Topic / Debate / 17995
Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:
Sorry, but your opinion on this subject carries no water for me.  Ever.

Well, that's probably as overstated as Larry's original point.

I think Larry's more general point is how information is fed to one
subliminally through various media, and how often people do not put the
source of the information under much scrutiny -- not for overall honesty,
not for political bias, and not even for factual accuracy.

And while persons like yourself do not need to have such simple things
explained to them, do recall that you live amongst a population of people
whose general literacy, education, and understanding does not probably reach
to your level.

Wasn't there a study suggesting that most people get their political
information from The Tonight Show?  I mean, that's pathetic.

-- Hop-Frog