 Off-Topic / Debate / 19266
Re: another goofy question from our resident Canadian! 8^)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:50:55 GMT

I often wondered what would happen if we were to drill an 8 foot hole
straight through the planet (of course, this idea assumes the core of the
earth to be a nice room temperature, not molten rock...) and if wer were to
jump down said hole--would we go past the center of the planet, slow down on
the way to the other surface and just basically bounce back and forth thru
the tunnel until we came to rest, free floating, at the exact center of the
planet?

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_165.html

    Dave!