 Off-Topic / Debate / 17953
Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:50:28 GMT

<snip>

My point stands. You're welcome to get your ideas about reality from
wherever you like, including from TV shows that force feed bias while
pretending to be balanced... Just don't cite them in your posts here if you
want me to give them any credence whatever.

And remember the difference between conversation starters and cites.

And my point still stands--whether I'm citing West Wing, the DOI, the Bible
or just common sense, what does it matter where the cite came from--if the
cite is Just, proper and gosh darn it, makes alotta sense, why does it
matter where it came from?

Attack the issue, not the person--attack the cite, not where it originated.
My problem with nazis isn't with the people that were or continue to be
nazis, it's what they did (and are doing), what they believe--Deal with the
problem, not the person (or show, what have you).

It has been said here that so and so's opinion doesn't matter 'cause so and
so is Canadian--what kind of refution is that?

"Your opinion doesn't count 'cause you play with LEGO." (at least, that's
something my dad would think...)

"That cite is dumb 'cause it comes from a television show"--good refution
there...

"I won't pay any attention to anything Scott says!"... well, ummm... ;)

I also want to point out that in my many posts here, I have mentioned WW a
few times, but have not used as exclusive cites and/or proofs in getting my
point across--Point of order, I used the very people and cites that were
used to continue the debate, including the previous John Leo article.

Just because some people don't like the truth, it doesn't mean the truth is
wrong ;)
(trite sound bite done by me)

Dave K.