 Off-Topic / Debate / 18030
Re: debates (was: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 14:42:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:

Probably about once or twice a year, a topic will grab my attention.

Arguing the validity of the words of a
misattributed quote is symantics for arguments sake alone, which I am not
interested in.  You might as well debate LEGO vs. LEGOs (and please don't).

BTW, you didn't ask, but the main reason that I dont't post more to debate is
that most of these debates end up spending most of their life argueing over the
validity or quotes, sources, statements, etc. rather than actually discussing
the topic at hand.