 Off-Topic / Debate / 18032
Re: debates (was: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 18:48:28 GMT

But also believing that what you see on a soap is litterally true...so much so
that you write in to the fictional characters is pretty extreme.  I'm sure that
lots of (all?) people are successfully propagandized to varying lesser extents.
How much of it is good?

I like to have my horizons broadened with new ideas, and TV can be as good as
anything for that, but what's the difference between exposure to new ideas and
propaganda?  Is it just intent, or a matter of degree?

Chris

I think the bigger question is: What isn't propagandized?  Isn't all
advertising propaganda?  Isn't every book propaganda?  Every medium's main
purpose is to promote its ideas.  Isn't the very promotion of ideas propaganda?