 Off-Topic / Debate / 18025
Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 12:45:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:

Your statement, "but keeps that a secret from those viewers incapable
of thinking for themselves (i.e. most of them,...)", is blatant
snobbery, self-serving, judgemental without proof, and just basically rude.

And later on in a different post...

How quickly the name calling starts.

You are absolutely correct. Start by looking in the mirror, Ed.

I'll stick with my original assessment. Your first post to this thread was a
driveby.

The difference, Larry, and it is a huge one, is that I did not name call.  Read
what you have quoted - The first two words - "Your statement..."  I responded
that your statement "is blatant snobbery, self-serving, judgemental without
proof, and just basically rude."

Did I say you were those things - no.

But to your response, "My whole point about cites ((deliberately?) misconstrued
by drive bys like Ed)...."  Reading your initial post on this thread, says
nothing about "cites".  It appeared to be a new topic on The West Wing.  I have
twice elsewhere in this thread acknowledged that I did no know it was a
contituation of a thread debating cites, which you seem to ignor.