 Off-Topic / Debate / 17958
Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:44:24 GMT

"I won't pay any attention to anything Scott says!"... well, ummm... ;)

Hahaha!  Guilty.  I'm amused that he seems ("seems": I don't read his posts
any more, but I do note what message he is replying to) to be going back and
arguing with old posts of mine since I'm not posting new ones to him.  I
mean, pathetic.  Trying to goad me into a reply?  "Sorry, you're five
minutes are up, I'm not allowed to argue!"  :-)  No one values his opinions,
so it pretty much doesn't matter what he says.  Arguing at him (one can't
argue "with" him) is an utter waste of time.

Well you seemed to have figured that out (again?? this time?? (1) ) faster
than I used to do.. only what, 40-50 posts in that thread between the two of
you?

Contrast that with me and he(2), we've managed to spin out hundreds of posts
in one thread. But not lately. I've gotten a lot better at ignoring his
twaddle. If EVERYONE ignores his responses he mostly goes away and only puts
in the occasional URL from external sources, some of which are even useful
conversation starters.

1 - I could have sworn you were one of the ones urging restraint in the
past... am I misremembering?

2 - grammatically incorrect but has better scansion. Sue me. Oh the
sacrifices we make for Art. Or Bruce or Shirley or whoever...

++Lar