 Off-Topic / Debate / 18023
18022  |  18024
Subject:
debates (was: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 11:24:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:

Meaning I thought it was a fresh debate, rather than a carryover of another
debate (which it seems to be).

Which debate, though?  The one about West Wing, the one about quotations and
their merit, or the one about the second amendment?

I expect you could steer the threadlette in the direction you wanted it to go.
But you would have to deal with the interconnectedness of all these
conversations.  I don't know how regularly you read .debate, your posting is
pretty sporadic (like, what...once a year? :-)  But this got me thinking, I
wonder how hard it is for someone to "break in" to this group when we regulars
have so much ambient knowledge about one another and the previous and ongoing
debate topics.

Chris